Stay connected with Cisco Jabber like never before!
- Elevate your business to the next generation of business messaging with Jabber 12.5 and “Team Messaging Mode”. With this feature, you can simultaneously use Unified Communications Manager for enterprise calling, and connect to the Webex team messaging service.
- Integration between on-premises Jabber IM&P and Webex Teams messaging is now possible!
- Manage Cisco Headsets from CUCM, simplifying configuration management, inventory tracking and software upgrades.
- All Cisco Jabber and video endpoint configuration can now be done directly from Unified CM’s administrator’s interface. No more XML files! This not only simplifies the configuration of Jabber and video endpoints, but it unlocks a plethora of features that previously may have been hidden away in the file manager.
Increased efficiency with multiple usability & scalability improvements
- Don’t get bogged down with upgrades, version 12.5 reduces the time it takes to upgrade Unified Communications Manager system by up to 50%! The new “one-touch” cluster-wide upgrade feature simplifies and accelerates the upgrade process.
- Provisioning new phones has never been easier with secure on-boarding.
- AWS cloud support allows you to get going faster and to scale better with Cisco Unified Communications.
Should I upgrade my system?
If mobility features are a core part of your business, then version 12.5 is an absolute must have. The new integrations and improvements to the Jabber and WebEx teams products are essential components and address a severe pain point.
In a nutshell, Cisco 12.5 is really built to accelerate businesses and to provide increased scalability at lower cost. This is an asset for any business.
Important upgrade notes
Licensing overhaul! Since Version 12.0, Cisco licensing now operates with “Smart Software Licensing” which is associated to your Cisco account, it is no longer per device.
Traditional Product-Activation Key licensing is not supported in this version. You must reach out to your Cisco Account Manager prior to planning your upgrade so that you can properly transition to the new system.
Several Unsupported Phone Models
If you would like to learn more about CUCM 12.5 and to get direct answers to your UC questions, please subscribe.